Skip to main content

Painful Love

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Todays post was inspired by a conversation between me and my sister. She is starting her own blog, congrats to her! :) She spoke about the topic of love which led me to question my thoughts on love.

What do I believe love is? What is love? How is love related to Islam? Well love can be seen as a force, an overwhelming feeling that overrides our thoughts and actions. People say love is a drug and it becomes addictive. Which is true, literally. I see the raised eyebrows and rolling eyes but hold it because its true. Scientifically when you fall in love, im talking the giddy youthful love; butterflies, heart pacing yada yada. Your brain produces dopamine which is a drug that has a similar effect to cocaine. Fascinating right?

Despite this the strongest most powerful love that ceases to exist is between us and Allah.This is because the love that is shared between your Lord and you is spiritual and much more grappling. The almighty created us and we as Ihsaan have a natural pull towards Him. The sweetness of Ibadah and tawaqqul is the precious gem in the widest river. You will see in time the peace in one's heart can only be attained through worship there is nothing in the world that will calm you more than your faith in Allah. Thats why you see those celebrities that are morally sick, have no faith in their Lord, end up in a hotel, overdosed. They have no comfort no matter how far they search they won't find happiness, lust, drugs, and endless materialism corrupts the soul: blackens the core and slowly erodes it eventually leading to depression and suicide.

This is why we should continue to strengthen the bond between us and Allah. Not to mention other muslims. Allah (SWT) put love and mercy in our hearts so that we may be dutiful towards our parents and spouses. The bond between a mother and child is innate. We develop a strong bond with our mothers and throughout our lives we dependent on them therefore it is important to appreciate all that we given and help our parents.

The most important love after Allah and our parents is our spouses. Allah looks at a married couple with mercy when they look at eachother in happiness, subhanAllah we get reward from a simple action. This is why you should always cool our arguments down and forgive for Allah. Apologising to your spouse even if it's not your fault will be rewarded as you are doing it dor Allah.Loving for the sake of Allah increases our love and the purpose of it too. When we make friendships we should do base it on our love for Allah i.e does this person remind me of Allah and Islam. Friendships are not meant to distract you for your purpose so InshaAllah bear this in mind.

This was fairly brief and I know I could waffle on and on. But for now that's all I'll say. So take care :)

Wasalaam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Running to the Docks

So last week I went to the royal docks- well that's pretty ordinary, no idea why you decided to mention it as a post Well guys, I ran there. I knew the course roughly via barking road until you need to turn towards Newham University Hospital, from there its straight until you get to Prince Regent DLR and then a right and about 10minutes will you get you to Royal Victoria DLR. It's a simple route, but I did get lost at the T-junction towards Custom House or Eastham, luckily I had my phone on hand to guide me.  The route was easy enough, I have ran to Plaistow a couple of times, so that was familiar, from then, it was touch and go. However with such a long route you do need pitstops. My pitstop was Newham University Hospital, they have a toilet and a prayer room, what more could you ask for? Plus it was Sunday, so it was practically empty!But other pitstops could be Westfield, from Plaistow you just follow it round, but that would be a detour from the route so I found