Skip to main content

My, My, My Mannequin in The Sky

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I find that we are all placed in a pickle at some point in our lives, perhaps we are the one placing other's in pickles. I don't know, let's see what we can do about this pickle fiesta, shall we?

What I mean by being in a pickle, is often there are situations, whether it be arguments, opinions, debates etc. There's always questions being asked, expectations being set.

Sisters, we shouldn't feel obliged to change our thoughts to meet others expectations. For example if someone asks you what do you think of so and so, and you bearing in mind it is haram to backbite refrain from commenting or say she is alright, makes the person aggravated which leads the person to  further question your opinion on them, it obvious to conclude that they want an agreeable opinion that puts them in the favourable light.

This is in a sense peer pressure, but no sisters I urge you to stand strong in your opinions, who is that person to make you change your mind? There's good situations and bad, that is a bad one and you should not be coerced into sinning.

The good situations are where- the roles are reversed, for whatever reason you have fallen into backbiting, (May Allah save us all from this ameen) and the friend isnt responding in the way you want, which makes you think that your opinions may be wrong, in this sense it is good to take on board different views.

The real outlining of this little thought of mine is, when we hold opinions that in no way transgress Islam we shouldn't change them for others. When we believe something is right we should stick to it, our morals, our values, our belief, our Islam is what sets us apart from the non-believers, so my beloved sister stand firm and unwavering with me.

You're beautiful in your thoughts, your mind, your values, you are a muslim, so never change.

Wasalaam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the ...

How to be spontaneous

Being spontaneous can sometimes making living life a bit more exciting, it leaves you on edge and makes you step outside your comfort zone. Some things that I have been trying to do is decide things in the moment, and not have plans, sometimes no plans are the best type of plans, because they leave so much room for possibility! Something else I try to do is try and do something I haven't done before, and inorder to go through with it I try to decide it on the day!  I like to try and learn new things, maybe trying things that help me learn more about myself like meditating. (I do this at home but am yet to try with a class!) Just keep trying even if the plans don't work out, the point is to be positive and proactive! Sometimes it's good to build yourself up with things you're not comfortable doing and then do something really out of your comfort zone, or you could just be really spontaneous and do the thing that scares you the most, first! I think bein...

Learning

Assalamualaikum, Ive been trying to implement new habits lately specifically islamic ones what I've learnt slowly but surely is to keep going even I fail once, I know eventually I can do it. E.g. I want to wake up for tahajjud it doesn't happen, so i think okay lets try the next day and the next etc. Until one day it happens I think when it comes to our nafs we just have to keep trying because naturally we do get lazy. I've also learnt just because you think dont like something doesn't mean you do, I always thought I'm not a morning person but then I started running in the mornings and I realised I actually love running in the mornings. I also thought I didnt enjoy baking but really I did I just stopped because I thought I wasnt good enough. Sometimes we push things away because we worry about our lack of experience or not being good enough but I feel like that's a wrong way to approach something who cares if you're not good at it you should keep go...