Skip to main content

From the eyes of anxiety

How the world is to a person with anxiety

A person with anxiety, although I'm no expert, in my opinion has a different way of seeing the world. I've come to see the world with two different sets of eyes the way the world should be seen and the way I see it. The way I see it is that anything I am meant to do but have no knowledge of or experience in, is very frightening for me. Now I'm not sure how open minded my readers are but let's try and see this from my perspective and not the way it is for you, as we all different and have different experiences in life so if you start thinking ....that's strange or that's really small it's not a big deal, let's try to remember that something small for you is bigger for someone else.

Okay and with that I'd like to talk some more. I've always been quite I'm not sure if it's called practical but let's say that. What I mean by that is anything I am told to do, I have to know exactly how to do it, often I think I have a low form of autism as I sometimes have no clue how to do basic things and have to know an exact way of how to say things or do things. Once I know how to do it, I no longer feel anxious infact I can be really confident. With academia it's always different even though I like to complete things thoroughly I can research these things, which is true for other social situations too but on the spot I cannot obviously do and that is what makes me anxious. Everything in my eyes has the worst possible outcome. Not only that but everything I do I analyse it over and over, along with the fact that I think everyone is laughing and staring at me...but I'm realising that this is really untrue I don't know why but I've always been in between being really laid back and really neurotic, that's strange right? So I'm trying to coax my laid back persona and make that more dominant. For instance in any situation what is the worst outcome? If I were at the police station trying to report something, even if I stutter, even if I get embarrassed, is that the worst? Like...I didn't die. I still managed to do it!

What I'm trying to say is, the worst outcome is all in my mind. It's not a big deal if I look stupid. Who cares what they think? I need more confidence in myself. I also need to relax and know if I try my best and I fail then at least I know I put all my effort in. I hope those that have anxiety can try and coax their laid back persona and if it's non existent try to train yourself to see the world like that. Slowly you can do it. Just start by doing it in your head when you get anxious. And to those who don't have anxiety I hope it's helped you understand anxiety better. Thanks! Wasalaam!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

I'm changing

I'm beginning to see that it's not that hard to change, well it is and it isn't.. What I mean is, comparing myself a couple of months ago and now, a lot has changed in terms of my mentality and my positivity. But I cannot say it was easy, at first even I was stumped at how I did it. Because I had tried(as you know) many times to become closer to God and failed on numerous occasions ( in my eyes) but alhamdulilah alhamdulilah I've been getting closer to it than ever before, and I realised its a lot to do with my actual faith in God not only do I need tawaqul (rememberance) of God but I also need to do this in action. And this. This is so important I think I forgot the different/the line/ the actuality of the situation I kept confusing my laziness, etc. and so on with my own personality and every time I did something I myself didn't approve of I wouldn't correct myself which in the past I would, it's so important to mould the Islamic personality to whatever de