Skip to main content

Believe and Do


I have realised something.

It is brave to realise your dreams, it is brave to pursue them.
It takes courage to try and get there with the possibility of failing.

I have finally decided I want to try and get there no matter what.
With simple inspiration "If you can dream it, you can do it!" by Walt Disney
I think we can all believe in these simple words to try and achieve our dreams.

It's way more complicated than just 'doing it', but starting the process makes it a whole lot easier.


1.The first step for me, was to identify my dreams and goals. Just simply noting down my passions. Sometimes even thinking about your hobbies can help you to identify your dreams.

These steps weren't followed one after the other, it kind of happened naturally. Taking time to write down how these dreams and goals will make you happy will help you visualise how it can impact your life.

Sometimes the fear of failure can stop you from even identifying them, its scary, hell I know. But once you take the steps, hopefully you'll be on your way to a happier life.

2. Next, identify how you can get there, e.g. you love writing
1. Start writing
2. educate yourself on how to write
3. get some experience, volunteering with a magazine might be good!
4. maybe write in your spare time, diary, blog, stories etc.

Once you have attained experience you can look for paid employment, and hopefully that will pave the way to your success! Let me give you another example, you love films 

1. educate yourself on film genres, themes etc.
2. take a film short course?
3. Start taking notes and read up on film literature and reviews
4. start volunteer writing to get work out there and build experience

Depending on how many passions you have it might be hard to do all of them, focus on the ones you really love. For me, I love writing, that's why I have this blog and I write poetry on my Instagram. I've also been trying to do volunteer writing and read up on writing, its a process but I am making progress! I also have a passion for Mental Health so I have been looking for employment opportunities. I like charity so I do it in my spare time, I don't know for definite if I'll get to my dreams, but I'm going to try.

 
3. Realise you'll have good days and bad days. Sometimes you'll be more motivated on some days other days you'll think, what's the point? It's alright, just be patient. As long as you're enjoying your journey that's what matters, the destination is important, but the journey is important too! Don't forget that!

4. Take some time to identify activities that help you to relax. For me its running, for you it might be meditating or reading, or even hanging out with friends. This will hopefully help your mindset and keep you motivated in low times.

This is not an exhaustive list, but it has helped me! Hopefully it'll help you too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Running to the Docks

So last week I went to the royal docks- well that's pretty ordinary, no idea why you decided to mention it as a post Well guys, I ran there. I knew the course roughly via barking road until you need to turn towards Newham University Hospital, from there its straight until you get to Prince Regent DLR and then a right and about 10minutes will you get you to Royal Victoria DLR. It's a simple route, but I did get lost at the T-junction towards Custom House or Eastham, luckily I had my phone on hand to guide me.  The route was easy enough, I have ran to Plaistow a couple of times, so that was familiar, from then, it was touch and go. However with such a long route you do need pitstops. My pitstop was Newham University Hospital, they have a toilet and a prayer room, what more could you ask for? Plus it was Sunday, so it was practically empty!But other pitstops could be Westfield, from Plaistow you just follow it round, but that would be a detour from the route so I found