Skip to main content

Hakuna Matata

So I made a decision recently. And to this day I'm still unsure of whether it was the right one. That's the thing isn't it? How do you know that this path is the right path? That this is the path of good and great things? I guess you don't. You just take risks and carve a way out for yourself.

God. I love it. I love not knowing what's going on it's so different and unconventional and daring. In a world where rules govern society isn't it amazing to forget them? To live freely? To forget what others expect and just jump off that cliff? I went to climb Mount Snowdon the other day and it was o beautiful and refreshing and I thought wht if life could just be about living these experiences and being in awe of life and the nature that surrounds us?

Some may think it's an excuse that I'm just lazy and I'll say anything to excuse getting out of hard work. Which if I'm honest you might be right. But so what, as long as I live ,I want my life to be about happiness and contentment and focusing on things that are important to me. I don't want to live my life regretting the time I wasted, or the career that died when I died. I guess you could say I had some sort of an epiphany.

I left university, that's the big thing. And my tutor had a go at me, she was hella annoyed. Oh well. I need time to focus on God and my spirituality, I think I need my whole life for it. Not just a little bit of time. I don't want sadness and yeah it might be that I can learn to adapt and manage life better but I trust my instincts and I know when things aren't working. I know God wanted me to do Mental Health Nursing and I'm sorry for not being able to impact people with mental health issues it might not be the time for me.

I felt like I was going against my fate when I did istikhara twice for this and both times I felt positive signs and dreams to stay in it, and now I've left. But ive come to realise it might not be that it was my fate forever it might have been my fate for a while. I'm not sure, as for fate if I've left have I altered my fate to a bad one? If I had stayed would it have been a better one?

I have absolutely no clue. And I suppose there's no point in thinking about it either. I've been reading more. I feel better.

Hakuna Matata

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy music

Life takes us through so many hurdles, so many journeys so many discoveries of ourselves. Do we ever just sit and think about how we came to be the person that we are now? I know I have been through a whirlwind of different personalities, different phases, feelings, thoughts, dreams. However I have remained somewhat constant- what I admire about myself is that I believe in myself (not necessarily my abilities) but I believe and support my actions regardless, and ... I'm glad I have strong principles, I guess it makes me who I am. Despite what I've had to sacrifice for them.Over the years I've always wondered who I'd be. In fact when I was younger I would dream of how I would be when I was older. (Older being past 20's) I'd imagine I would magically transform into this strong, independent, accomplished woman. And it would somehow come to be at this magical transition to adulthood. Oh how I would tell myself it's not that simple. Life is not that simple. We n…

Capturing my heart

I've been watching 13 reasons why on Netflix. It's been an interesting journey of suicidal thoughts and the teenage angst in high school. I feel enlightened to a certain degree (bearing in mind it is for entertainment) I feel like the message Hannah passes on to Clay is very similar to the one Virginia Woolf wrote to her husband before she committed suicide. I can't help but feel there's so much tragic beauty to these notes, so much beautiful poetry. I've always said there's so much beauty to sadness.       But you need to be here if I’m going to tell           my story. If I’m going to explain why I did what I did. Because you aren’t every other guy — you’re different. You’re good. And kind. And decent. And I didn’t deserve to be with someone like you. I never would. I would’ve ruined you. It was me and everything that’s happened to me."
(13 reasons why: Hannah's message to Clay )       Dearest,       You have given me the greatest possible            …

What im grateful for

I must say my post titled '23% complete' is one of my good posts, I don't know what's a bad post of mine (with no arrogance intended) maybe the posts where I'm not thinking enough or encouraging my readers to think more? Anyhow I've been at placement for about a week now and I can honestly say I've learnt a lot. I've learnt practical skills but that's not what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to talk about how grateful I am to be in a career where I can impact lives' daily, I sincerely hope I am helping others even in the smallest way. I am grateful to be able to listen to others who have not been heard by society for a long time, those who are deemed as 'old' or 'forgotten' , I feel privileged to listen and provide comfort. I am grateful that I can aid others in their difficulties and make them feel better, because everyone needs to feel better sometimes. I am grateful to be that someone who can make a difference when I had noon…