Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Nars Bars: Video

Very interesting video below discussing narcissism and Instagram, he also discusses narcissism in general which in today's society is very important. What I found particularly intriguing was that he said narcissism has always existed and it has not suddenly materialised, which often we can forget- blaming social media for our self-absorption when in fact the tools of own self obsession have merely changed in accordance with the technological advances in society.

At the end of the video he says that it is more worthwhile to post things that you have created or something that is identified with you to help to value yourself, rather than being valued by your face(which is no talent im afraid) . I also think that it is important to stop identifying things and products as a means to value or being accepted in society, because it is not these things that make up ourselves rather our character and personality. That being said it is not bad to want to be acknowledged for things you have made or achievements just too much is me good.


Also to add, while I'm not perfect I try and refrain from using social media especially Instagram. I feel it nevers help my self esteem or confidence and I feel like I am always posting things for others. I try and do things (posting, writing) for my own happiness regardless of what others think, whether or not I'm an amazing writer or even if I have good things to say, I write because I want to, and that's all the reason I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment