Skip to main content

The Mind

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmtullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I wasn't going to post this on this blog as it is more in line with the topics, themes or whatever of the other blog I am an author of, (infinite vestige) however I feel it has some wisdom( you may call it that?) and hopefully will be useful to others so I will share here, feel free to comment!

Soul series
Soul finder number two
Well soul finder number one was a walk in the park right? Literally! 💛😂. Number two, although it was hard to find and I wasn't sure when I actually found it. I think I might have found it. It's not so obvious and these are in no particular order or even in importance. But number two is about the mind. It's about controlling the mind, training the mind, loving the mind. Nurturing it to be beautiful. Although I would like to say I'm a beautiful being, truth is, I'm not. But with time I can become one. It starts with fixing my faults. Pulling myself back when I want to do things that are a bit too wild. I've realised this over the past few months, like a month or two ago, on impulse I got my eyebrow pierced. It was wild, wacky and down right crazy. I thought it was part of my teenage years, living my 'life' to the extreme, shows how smart I am right? 

I have now closed the hole. I suppose it allowed me to realise what I want, if I want it, how it makes me feel and so on. It was an experience. I'd say. I often do things on impulse, people who know me would definitely describe me as impulsive. My problem is, I don't think things through, I just do them. The eyebrow thing is one example but I've had these problems in the past with dressing, relationships, my hair and so on, although I don't believe impulsiveness is always a bad thing, I do believe too much of it would only push me into real big problems that may end being too difficult to get out of. I acknowledge it's a part of myself, which I've come to appreciate (loving the mind) but I've always learnt I need to curb it sometimes too, like the piercing. Not only this but my ideals of what a teenager is, and what 'FUN' is. Oh my, that word fun, has come to hate me over the past few months. I suppose it's all about loving what Allah loves and hating what Allah hates. Like the quote, you may love a thing and it is bad for you, yet you may hate a thing while it is good for you, or so I've heard, somewhere along thos lines. 

I thought i had grown up a lot, but I realise I still have a lot more to go. I know that my end is only going to be good if I follow Islam properly and it will only lead me to chaos if I don't. So as I said,my soul finder number two, is about my mind. Conditioning my mind to understand Islam and the life I am meant to live. 

Wasalaam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Hemp protein review

So as I've been working more I've been needing more protein because one of my goals is to build muscle as well as lose fat. And as you might be aware it's important to have a high protein diet or at least a good amount in your diet. Even if you're not working out having more protein is good for you so this might be something you can add to your milkshakes, porridge etc if you'd like. Hemp protein -taken from the plant -it is unflavoured -you can buy it on my protein at 300g 1kg or on bulk powders from 500g to 5kg -I bought mine on my protein at £24.99 but used the 37% discount (my husband got it as company discount but they also have a 30% discount on the website anyway) and got it for around £15 there's also p & p which is around £4 (this is to my address it may be different depending on where you live)  Pros -the 1kg comes with a plastic scoop which is handy as you just use one scoop -lasts a decent amount of time -I like the packaging