Skip to main content

2018






So it's been a while, my life has changed.
Maybe even I have changed.

Change can do that to you. There has been a big change in my life... um...ah.. I got married. If I'm honest I have been feeling slightly overwhelmed and I did stop running and volunteering amongst other things. I choose not to go to the Malawi trip but the money still went (my Nikkah was around the trip time)

Despite this, I am getting back into my running, 
I stopped that for a



while but alhamdulilah I am getting back into it. I have been running for an hour twice a week at gym with my husband and I have been trying to get back into writing too. I am still working alhamdulilah, so things have really changed. Do you remember where I was a year ago? I can tell you I was miserable.

I wasn't getting married (I had tried), I failed my driving and I left work. All in all 2017 was a rubbish year, things have changed so much, I am blessed with a job and a husband, I guess I never realised how much things can change and even in the face of so much negativity how having hope can help. Don't get me wrong I didn't think I would get a job or get married last year, I just focused on being content and working on myself which can be difficult when things are going horribly wrong but its so important otherwise you end up driving yourself crazy with all the self-doubt.

What got me through a rubbish year was relying on Allah and just being grateful with whatever I had, which at the time was running in the park and reading books, I was actually really happy with just that at the time because I knew Allah would aid me if I relied on Him.

Alhamdulilah for the small things, and alhamdulilah for hope, Alhamdulilah for change and growth and Alhamdulilah for us being able to continue in the face of our struggles. These blessings have taught me to always be grateful because you never know what good awaits you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Thank you

Yes I know. Do I ever talk about anything beside running? And yes I do but as a runner (if I can call myself that) I just find I like to talk about running aswell. Jheeze Louise someo ne shut her up ... Anyhow today when I went running I exchanged glances with a fellow runner and she had a huge smile on her face, I smiled back and in that moment we shared, we had an understanding: a connection of some sort. We knew it was tough, we knew we we had been working on this, but we weren't gonna give up and we smiled because we wanted to push each other we smiled because we knew the struggle we smiled because for God sake, we are both runners trying to run towards the light in our lives. ... And if that's a whole load of crap, we just smiled because we are good natured people. But I prefer the crap. So that's all folks, that's what I was happy about today, it was small but it made me wanna join local park runs, she made me feel more like a runner, it was just once smile. T