Skip to main content

I Got Your Back

We have a moral and social obligation as muslims to do our part in standing firm against oppression and injustice inflicted on our ummah. We are obliged, it is our duty to Allah to speak out and use our voices to make a difference to the muslim community. Saving one person is like saving a whole nation, so just remember, every single voice counts. We must empower ourselves through knowledge and awareness, we must seek the haqq in the midst of all the lies we hear in the media. We have a duty as muslims to stand firmly when we are criticised and ostracised... Read more
  
Source: http://e-slamicboggle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/i-got-your-back.html

What I find particularly interesting about this article is that it is always relevant we as Muslims are constantly under scrutiny and what with the current situation with the Charlie Hebdo murder it is even more important for us to understand what we are told and the increasing criminalisation of Islam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy music

Life takes us through so many hurdles, so many journeys so many discoveries of ourselves. Do we ever just sit and think about how we came to be the person that we are now? I know I have been through a whirlwind of different personalities, different phases, feelings, thoughts, dreams. However I have remained somewhat constant- what I admire about myself is that I believe in myself (not necessarily my abilities) but I believe and support my actions regardless, and ... I'm glad I have strong principles, I guess it makes me who I am. Despite what I've had to sacrifice for them.Over the years I've always wondered who I'd be. In fact when I was younger I would dream of how I would be when I was older. (Older being past 20's) I'd imagine I would magically transform into this strong, independent, accomplished woman. And it would somehow come to be at this magical transition to adulthood. Oh how I would tell myself it's not that simple. Life is not that simple. We n…

Capturing my heart

I've been watching 13 reasons why on Netflix. It's been an interesting journey of suicidal thoughts and the teenage angst in high school. I feel enlightened to a certain degree (bearing in mind it is for entertainment) I feel like the message Hannah passes on to Clay is very similar to the one Virginia Woolf wrote to her husband before she committed suicide. I can't help but feel there's so much tragic beauty to these notes, so much beautiful poetry. I've always said there's so much beauty to sadness.       But you need to be here if I’m going to tell           my story. If I’m going to explain why I did what I did. Because you aren’t every other guy — you’re different. You’re good. And kind. And decent. And I didn’t deserve to be with someone like you. I never would. I would’ve ruined you. It was me and everything that’s happened to me."
(13 reasons why: Hannah's message to Clay )       Dearest,       You have given me the greatest possible            …

What im grateful for

I must say my post titled '23% complete' is one of my good posts, I don't know what's a bad post of mine (with no arrogance intended) maybe the posts where I'm not thinking enough or encouraging my readers to think more? Anyhow I've been at placement for about a week now and I can honestly say I've learnt a lot. I've learnt practical skills but that's not what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to talk about how grateful I am to be in a career where I can impact lives' daily, I sincerely hope I am helping others even in the smallest way. I am grateful to be able to listen to others who have not been heard by society for a long time, those who are deemed as 'old' or 'forgotten' , I feel privileged to listen and provide comfort. I am grateful that I can aid others in their difficulties and make them feel better, because everyone needs to feel better sometimes. I am grateful to be that someone who can make a difference when I had noon…