Skip to main content

First Snow

The first day it snowed I was happy, I was awoken by the sounds of pitter patter on my window and the shapes of white houses. It had snowed.

You know the first day it snows is meant to be romantic like how in movies they say meet me on the first day it snows, it's not a time or a date, it's just a day it snows and it's quite beautiful.

I wanted to run on this day too, this was my long run day. And I wasnt prepared to be stopped by snow, or so I thought. After breakfast and gazing admiringly out the window I adorned my new running gear I had received in the post yesterday, (I'll do a post on this too) and was out the door to join my family frolicking in the snow. Then I set out to run.

When I entered the park it was white and mostly untouched there were a few people around and by the time I had reached the bench my feet were soaked, I tried to drain my socks and continue abrasively in the snow but after 1 lap my feet were frozen, and I was sure they would come snapping off like I had seen in those antarctic movies.

I stopped running and sadly headed out of the park wandering around the area to pop into the shops, which led me to having a walk.

It was so beautiful and I would recommend everyone to take a walk in the snow, it's honestly so inspiring. After attempting to run again I realised my feet were taking in the snow causing my feet to freeze, and I knew I could only walk.

Anyhow I enjoyed the walk and the little exercise. I returned home somewhat cold and damp but refreshed.

I did however manage to make up my miles the next day(today) so all was not lost! I saw a beautiful sunset today so it may have been the exact thing I needed!

I did learn that running in snow is a lot harder than running in normal weather conditions this is because of the actual snow so perhaps trail shoes that are waterproof or are better at protecting feet from water would be better suited. Also it's harder to breathe because of the cold air, it was a nice experience although it was quite difficult.

Today when I ran it was raining but I have waterproof clothing and I don't mind my feet being wet as long as they are not frozen so it was another experience for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the ...

How to be spontaneous

Being spontaneous can sometimes making living life a bit more exciting, it leaves you on edge and makes you step outside your comfort zone. Some things that I have been trying to do is decide things in the moment, and not have plans, sometimes no plans are the best type of plans, because they leave so much room for possibility! Something else I try to do is try and do something I haven't done before, and inorder to go through with it I try to decide it on the day!  I like to try and learn new things, maybe trying things that help me learn more about myself like meditating. (I do this at home but am yet to try with a class!) Just keep trying even if the plans don't work out, the point is to be positive and proactive! Sometimes it's good to build yourself up with things you're not comfortable doing and then do something really out of your comfort zone, or you could just be really spontaneous and do the thing that scares you the most, first! I think bein...

Learning

Assalamualaikum, Ive been trying to implement new habits lately specifically islamic ones what I've learnt slowly but surely is to keep going even I fail once, I know eventually I can do it. E.g. I want to wake up for tahajjud it doesn't happen, so i think okay lets try the next day and the next etc. Until one day it happens I think when it comes to our nafs we just have to keep trying because naturally we do get lazy. I've also learnt just because you think dont like something doesn't mean you do, I always thought I'm not a morning person but then I started running in the mornings and I realised I actually love running in the mornings. I also thought I didnt enjoy baking but really I did I just stopped because I thought I wasnt good enough. Sometimes we push things away because we worry about our lack of experience or not being good enough but I feel like that's a wrong way to approach something who cares if you're not good at it you should keep go...