Skip to main content

Humility

Being humble is hard, im giving it to you real.

Sometimes it's just SO easy to think hey I have this and this and they don't have that. And hey I'm good at this and they ain't- and for girls, all you girls out there ;)- it's hey I'm prettier than her......

Sometimes you literally need to take a step back and slap yourself mentally. Like one big mental slap. You need to tell yourself, you need to shut ya ugly mouth, you ain't better than no one. Obviously sometimes Shaytan is always whispering as he does, like seriously get a life shay? 

But sometimes it's a part of our own self obsession and my sister was actually talking about how society has made us so self obsessed and I do think it's true we are all so in love with ourselves. You see on Instagram those beautiful (mashaAllah ) girls constantly taking selfies , which I'm not dissing, because personally I hate it when other people diss girls who takes selfies or do duck faces; you should understand that it's society that has made girls like this, the constant need of approval from people, the insecure feeling that we aren't good enough, I would say that while it is time wasting and shallow I'd also say that I've been there too , and I can vouch that it's a hard thing to get out of, the self image and  what others think of you, I think without reliance on God and his appreciation of you, how do you distant yourself from that? 

It's so common nowadays, and I think people need to get that it's not easy to not care about others opinions when that is WHAT you rely on- as a society we are constantly reflected as what others see us as, our perception is moulded by what others think. 

For girls when you want to be pretty it comes from others saying it, for guys it's showing off their muscles or what ever they want to be seen as. 

I used to be a shopaholic which I have actually stopped now alhamdulilah! Yay for me! Didn't even need rehab 😅😏 but the only way I was able to stop was through sacrificing it for God, I thought to myself I want to be closer to God and this self image thing is ruining that for me.

So I let go of it and do you know what I developed a little more humility, and it's good, it's good to have humility but I'd say you get more humility as life goes on. As you get knocked down life kicks you to the curb, when you get up you're ready for more and you're not so stupid to  think you wont get knocked down again. But that's good you know why? Because it makes you treat others better, heck I'm so GLAD I got kicked to the curb because I was a little rat before I'm so glad I have a better understanding of others peoples situation and I know how it feels to be low. I pray that everyone can experience humility because humility is such a wonderful characteristic, honestly I think sometimes people think that when they get kicked down- they shouldn't change instead they should be resilient in their attitude because it's the self belief of why should I change ?! 

But maybe you should, maybe looking at why you got kicked down? If you don't change then it's like you're living life and yeah you're more wise but you're not improving as a person, are you? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the ...

How to be spontaneous

Being spontaneous can sometimes making living life a bit more exciting, it leaves you on edge and makes you step outside your comfort zone. Some things that I have been trying to do is decide things in the moment, and not have plans, sometimes no plans are the best type of plans, because they leave so much room for possibility! Something else I try to do is try and do something I haven't done before, and inorder to go through with it I try to decide it on the day!  I like to try and learn new things, maybe trying things that help me learn more about myself like meditating. (I do this at home but am yet to try with a class!) Just keep trying even if the plans don't work out, the point is to be positive and proactive! Sometimes it's good to build yourself up with things you're not comfortable doing and then do something really out of your comfort zone, or you could just be really spontaneous and do the thing that scares you the most, first! I think bein...

Learning

Assalamualaikum, Ive been trying to implement new habits lately specifically islamic ones what I've learnt slowly but surely is to keep going even I fail once, I know eventually I can do it. E.g. I want to wake up for tahajjud it doesn't happen, so i think okay lets try the next day and the next etc. Until one day it happens I think when it comes to our nafs we just have to keep trying because naturally we do get lazy. I've also learnt just because you think dont like something doesn't mean you do, I always thought I'm not a morning person but then I started running in the mornings and I realised I actually love running in the mornings. I also thought I didnt enjoy baking but really I did I just stopped because I thought I wasnt good enough. Sometimes we push things away because we worry about our lack of experience or not being good enough but I feel like that's a wrong way to approach something who cares if you're not good at it you should keep go...