Skip to main content

My Eid

I used to think Eid was all about fancy new clothes, cool places to go and people to see, but maybe over time our perception of quality of an Eid experience changes, maybe I got wiser or maybe I just finally come to understand how Islam can change persons outlook on life. 

I've been having a hard time with understanding life but alhamdulilah I've come to trust and put my faith in Allah and I plan to record how I did it.

Not that I know a lot but excuse me of my peasant-amateur experiences, today was Eid and alhamdulilah I didn't do a lot, I didn't buy extravagant clothes, or go new places, I didn't even see many people, all I had was my family with me and that was enough, because alhamdulilah you don't need that, Eid isn't about big celebrations it's about celebrating what you already have, and with the right attitude I was able to see that, when I was young I thought Eid was meant to be exciting and dramatic but it's not, it's only as far as what you lead your mind to believe. 

As a Muslim I know I should be happy with everything I have, and understanding I need to be sefless fighting against my nafs, my nafs tried to make me believe this Eid wasn't enough but I fought against it and I saw that Eid was fine the way it is, I just needed to understand what I wanted from life. Did I want excitement? Did I want more than what I had been given? 

The answer was no, I just wanted to be grateful to Allah, and simply being alive I could do that therefore Eid was fulfilled by itself with no other motives or minions and certainly not going to be fulfilled by my Nafs. 

Wasalaam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the ...

How to be spontaneous

Being spontaneous can sometimes making living life a bit more exciting, it leaves you on edge and makes you step outside your comfort zone. Some things that I have been trying to do is decide things in the moment, and not have plans, sometimes no plans are the best type of plans, because they leave so much room for possibility! Something else I try to do is try and do something I haven't done before, and inorder to go through with it I try to decide it on the day!  I like to try and learn new things, maybe trying things that help me learn more about myself like meditating. (I do this at home but am yet to try with a class!) Just keep trying even if the plans don't work out, the point is to be positive and proactive! Sometimes it's good to build yourself up with things you're not comfortable doing and then do something really out of your comfort zone, or you could just be really spontaneous and do the thing that scares you the most, first! I think bein...

Learning

Assalamualaikum, Ive been trying to implement new habits lately specifically islamic ones what I've learnt slowly but surely is to keep going even I fail once, I know eventually I can do it. E.g. I want to wake up for tahajjud it doesn't happen, so i think okay lets try the next day and the next etc. Until one day it happens I think when it comes to our nafs we just have to keep trying because naturally we do get lazy. I've also learnt just because you think dont like something doesn't mean you do, I always thought I'm not a morning person but then I started running in the mornings and I realised I actually love running in the mornings. I also thought I didnt enjoy baking but really I did I just stopped because I thought I wasnt good enough. Sometimes we push things away because we worry about our lack of experience or not being good enough but I feel like that's a wrong way to approach something who cares if you're not good at it you should keep go...