Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Shade upon me

Assalamualikum Wa Rahmtullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I would like to introduce a book/e book to you. It is titled shade of the Quran by sayyid Qutb (rahimullah) It is like a tafseer but not as backed up as Tafseer Ibn Katheer it's more about meanings. Anyway I just started so look at this page. 


 He explores meanings of surah Fatiha and surah Baqara in the first volume. Obviously it is not to be taken 'literally' and we must understand it is his interpretation that being said he is not a lay man, as he has much more knowledge than you and me so therefore he is able to interpretate better than us. 

I had some thoughts but I already wrote it on Instagram so I'm going to show you an image instead. 




I would write my own musings on the verses with reference to Qutbs analogies too, but I feel like an amateur so I'm going to leave it there. This was mainly to introduce to you a new ebook I found! InshaAllah check it out!

Wasalaam 





No comments:

Post a Comment