Skip to main content

Walking on Clouds

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I find sisters, that my best,most captivating writing is in the spur of the moment. So I will try, as I have downloaded Blogger on my Android, to do just that. Well today's random writing is about Reclaiming your lost identity. Wow sounds like a cool book or something... Well it's not it just kinda popped into my head, just now infact. What do I mean by reclaiming? Well I mean to find what was yours. It belonged to you but you might have lost it. Now I think im talking in riddles so let me explain.

When you go through a rough patch, a hard year, a toughie...things get ugly. You feel drained not only physically but spiritually aswell. Sometimes religion doesn't always seem like a viable route. Thats when we lose our identities. It happens, not everyone feels they can turn to turn to Allah (SWT) in times of difficulty but this is so far from the truth, its laughable. Really, it is. You wanna know why? Because if there's anyone*anything* that could help you through this rough time, its Allah (SWT) sisters.

Sometimes we give up on religion. Its the truth. And im saying it because it happens. Sometimes we think there's nothing that will help us in our pain. So we resort to sin to have temporary pleasures to take away the pain. This changes our very beings, who we are and what others see us as. But... why have temporary pleasure when you could have eternal peace? Weigh the scales sisters. You will see that one pound is nothing to hundred pounds.

Everyone makes mistakes but dont think that one mistake is the justification for another. You always have the ability to turn to Allah(SWT) Never think that you can't, because every moment your alive is an opportunity to change. Dont allow yourself to lose who you were because of hardship. Dont you remember our beloved rasool(saw) and his hardships? Or the other beloved prophets? A hardship is means for you to gain closeness with the almighty not a means to distance yourself.

If you allow yourself to fall into sin, your identity fades. Your purpose fades. Whats the meaning to everything you do? Your identity is being a muslim. And if you lose it you've lost the precious pearl in the best oyster. We are all muslim and we are in this dunya together so forget seeing hardships as torture to your life, think about the rewards and pleasures of the akhira, not to mention the fact Allah(SWT) is testing you because he loves you. :)

Oh my beautiful sisters I hope you are all in the highest of emaan and best of health. If there are sisters going through difficult times, remain steadfast. Good things come to those are patient. InshaAllah we can all adhere to this. Also we should all InshaAllah pray that if we are ever to face hardship that we remain strong and never lose hope in Allah (SWT) because life is unexpectable so anything could happen.

Hope this was beneficial.

Wasalaam.

Comments

  1. Very beneficial and well written mashaAllaah. JazakAllaahu khairaan for sharing with us Reepz. Love this article. J.M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BarakAllah feeki! Im glad you liked it! JazakAllah Khairan! <3

      Delete
  2. This is exactly what I needed to hear! Really inspiring :) May Allah guide us through our difficult times, aameen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy people are benefiting from this! JazakAllahhu Khairan. Ameen :) <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy music

Life takes us through so many hurdles, so many journeys so many discoveries of ourselves. Do we ever just sit and think about how we came to be the person that we are now? I know I have been through a whirlwind of different personalities, different phases, feelings, thoughts, dreams. However I have remained somewhat constant- what I admire about myself is that I believe in myself (not necessarily my abilities) but I believe and support my actions regardless, and ... I'm glad I have strong principles, I guess it makes me who I am. Despite what I've had to sacrifice for them.Over the years I've always wondered who I'd be. In fact when I was younger I would dream of how I would be when I was older. (Older being past 20's) I'd imagine I would magically transform into this strong, independent, accomplished woman. And it would somehow come to be at this magical transition to adulthood. Oh how I would tell myself it's not that simple. Life is not that simple. We n…

Capturing my heart

I've been watching 13 reasons why on Netflix. It's been an interesting journey of suicidal thoughts and the teenage angst in high school. I feel enlightened to a certain degree (bearing in mind it is for entertainment) I feel like the message Hannah passes on to Clay is very similar to the one Virginia Woolf wrote to her husband before she committed suicide. I can't help but feel there's so much tragic beauty to these notes, so much beautiful poetry. I've always said there's so much beauty to sadness.       But you need to be here if I’m going to tell           my story. If I’m going to explain why I did what I did. Because you aren’t every other guy — you’re different. You’re good. And kind. And decent. And I didn’t deserve to be with someone like you. I never would. I would’ve ruined you. It was me and everything that’s happened to me."
(13 reasons why: Hannah's message to Clay )       Dearest,       You have given me the greatest possible            …

What im grateful for

I must say my post titled '23% complete' is one of my good posts, I don't know what's a bad post of mine (with no arrogance intended) maybe the posts where I'm not thinking enough or encouraging my readers to think more? Anyhow I've been at placement for about a week now and I can honestly say I've learnt a lot. I've learnt practical skills but that's not what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to talk about how grateful I am to be in a career where I can impact lives' daily, I sincerely hope I am helping others even in the smallest way. I am grateful to be able to listen to others who have not been heard by society for a long time, those who are deemed as 'old' or 'forgotten' , I feel privileged to listen and provide comfort. I am grateful that I can aid others in their difficulties and make them feel better, because everyone needs to feel better sometimes. I am grateful to be that someone who can make a difference when I had noon…